- EMDR should be administered only by licensed clinicians specifically trained in EMDR (or graduate students under supervision of a licensed clinician, intern qualifications).
- It is important that you take time to interview your prospective clinician.
- The clinician should have completed the basic training in EMDR (a two-part course).
- Choose a clinician who is experienced with EMDR and has a good success rate.
- Make certain that the clinician is comfortable in treating your particular problem.
- In addition, it is important that you feel a sense of trust and rapport with the clinician. Every treatment success is an interaction among clinician, client, and method.
- Facilitators have completed Facilitator training (Facilitators assist at EMDR Institute New Basic Training 3-Day Format and 2 trainings) in addition to Part 2 training.
The EMDR Institute, Inc. acknowledges that the persons included on this list have been trained by the EMDR Institute. EMDR Institute, Inc. does not warrant or otherwise assume responsibility for the clinical services provided by these clinicians or his/her competency to provide such services. Facilitators have completed Facilitator training (Facilitators assist at EMDR Institute New Basic Training 3-Day Format and 2 trainings) in addition to Part 2 2.5-Day Format training.
Search for an EMDR Institute trained clinician by entering one or several of the following:
city, state/province (use postal abbreviation), zip/postal code, country, clinician's first name, last name, or specialty. After you enter the field(s) of your choice click the search button.
- only STATE and first 3 digits of ZIP, OR
- using only CITY and STATE without the ZIP code
- searching REQUIRES a COUNTRY to be present. For non-US select from list, leave STATE as is
To find an EMDR Institute Consultant/Facilitator:
- Choose state only and the Consultants/Facilitators will come up at the top of the list